Cordillera Blanca - 12 days - 750€
This adventurous trip takes you from the dry coastal desert up to the impressive Cordillera Blanca (The White Mountain range). This area is home to Peru highest mountains with more than 30 mountains reaching over 6.000 metres in altitude! The peaks are impressive, to say the least, and so are the narrow canyons that lead there and the lush “Callejon de Huaylas” valley where we will be staying. This typical Andean valley has many beautiful villages, mountain lakes and natural thermal baths.
The journey starts from the friendly fishing village of Huanchaco, where the residents still fish in the graceful reed fishing boats, a tradition that goes back many centuries. In Huanchaco you will have the opportunity to get used to the Peruvian lifestyle. You can relax on the beach or take surfing lessons. You can visit the numerous attractions in the area, such as the largest pre-Columbian mud city of Chan Chan, the former capital of the Chimu Empire and the various pyramid temples of the Moche culture. Most importantly, in Huanchaco you will meet the FairMail teenagers and get a glimpse of their daily life. You will also visit FairMail office which is the heart of our activities, where most of our pictures are taken!
After 2 days in Huanchaco, we travel by bus with the entire group from the desert to the Andes Mountains. First, we acclimatize in the town of Huaraz before leaving to Vicos. This small rural village will be our base camp and we will be host by a local community of campesinos. They will show us what life is like in the Peruvian Andes, they will share their traditions with us, they will teach us how to harvest wheat and most importantly they will show us the breathtaking surroundings: mountain lakes, forest, thermal baths. As we will be staying with local families, you will be touched by their genuine friendliness and hospitality.
- English speaking guide (owner of FairMail)
- All overnight stays in a shared room in hostels or families
- All meals, except the days in Huanchaco
- Transport during basic program
- Entrance fees during basic program
- Bus station or Airport pickup in Huanchaco
- Lunch meeting with the FairMail teenagers before departure
- Preparation Package
- Contribution for one teenager (€ 175)
- Flight to Peru (from Europe from 850 euro)
- Transport by bus or airplane from Lima to Huanchaco (from 20)
- Airport pick-up Lima (from 10 euro)
- 1 overnight stay in Lima (from 15 euro)
- Any transport besides the basic program
- Food and drinks beside the 3 daily meals
- Photography equipment
- Optional tours around Huanchaco